Steel Shackles Made In The USA. What is the difference?
You shouldn't compromise your winch recovery safety just to save a few bucks on low quality imported shackles. Factor55 has stress tested numerous low quality imported shackles and are amazed in the wide variation of material yield points and ultimate breaking strengths. This is why 99% of imported shackles are not certified to be used in critical overhead/crane lifting operations.
The recreational offroad industry is full of low quality imported shackles due to their low cost. This limits the locations to purchase USA made shackles to only your local rigging supply store. Factor55 has partnered with the Crosby Group to offer their quality shackles in their durable UV stable powder coated finishes. Each shackle is first powder coated with an epoxy based powder coating for superior corrosion resistance, then powder coated in a polyester based material for UV stability.
- 3/4" is most commonly used for Truck/SUV applications
- CROSBY ¾ screw pin shackle (7/8 diameter pin)
- Made in the USA
- 4 and 3/4 ton WLL
- Certified for overhead lifting/hoisting
- Meets federal specification RR-C-271D Type IVA,Grade A, Class II
- Exceeds ASME B30.26 requirements
- 6 to 1 Design Safety Factor
- Material traceability – forged in ID code.
- Quenched, Tempered and Fatigue tested.
- Offered in Factor 55 black or high viz red powder coated finishes.
Nice Crosby shackles and shipped direct from Factor 55. Tacoma Beast has been great with fast shipping!!!
Came with a little bit of chipping on the red finish but overall a great product! Heavy, bright, and strong