20-0838 CATCH CAN KIT, PCV, 2005+ TACOMA
Radium Engineering catch cans feature large 10AN ORB ports, a 4AN ORB drain port, 2-step oil separation baffling, and an O-ring sealed dipstick. These kits mount using factory holes and integrate perfectly with the surrounding components. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems remove the oil and sludge from the PCV gasses before it is routed to the engine to be burned. A closed loop system also promotes negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from entering the cabin. The dipsticks built into the catch cans allow easy inspection of accumulated fluid. No cutting, drilling or permanent modifications are required
All Radium catch cans provide the following benefits:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake and intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 7 fluid ounces each
The PCV catch can kit runs inline between the PCV valve and the intake manifold. When the intake manifold pressure is close to or greater than atmospheric pressure, the PCV "check" valves close and, thus, this hoses experience no flow. Conversely, the PCV hoses will experience "metered" vacuum when the engine is idling, steady state cruising, and decelerating. This would normally draw unwanted crankcase vapor, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the intake manifold immediately after a high load run. Note: No inline check valve is required since Radium catch cans are pressure sealed. This means a direct intake manifold connection is permitted.
The catch can mounts to threaded bosses in the engine bay on the inner fender.
The PCV catch can promotes clean filtered air back into the intake manifold.
-Baffled oil catch can
-Tacoma specific mounting bracket
-AN adapter fittings and hose ends
-Stainless steel hardware
-Radium PCV hose
1. The PCV catch can kit is compatible and recommended to be used with the CCV catch can kit. See 20-0839 CCV Catch Can Kit.
2. No extra inline check valve is required since Radium catch cans are pressure sealed.