2005+ Toyota Tacoma CCV Catch Can Kit
Pairs well with
20-0839 CATCH CAN KIT, CCV, 2005+ TACOMA
Radium Engineering catch cans feature large 10AN ORB ports, a 4AN ORB drain port, 2-step oil separation baffling, and an O-ring sealed dipstick. These kits mount using factory holes and integrate perfectly with the surrounding components. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems remove the oil and sludge from the PCV gasses before it is routed to the engine to be burned. A closed loop system also promotes negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from entering the cabin. The dipsticks built into the catch cans allow easy inspection of accumulated fluid. No cutting, drilling or permanent modifications are required
All Radium catch cans provide the following benefits:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake and intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 7 fluid ounces each
The CCV catch can mounts to threaded bosses in the engine bay on the inner fender with the provided supplementary bracket.
To retain factory functionality, the CCV catch can runs inline between the crankcase vent (CCV) port and the intake pipe. At low loads, it experiences atmospheric pressure. However, when the engine is at high load (WOT), the line will experience high flow from the crankcase into the intake system. This would normally lead to oil and sludge accumulation in the air filter intake pipe. The CCV catch can captures this and promotes clean filtered air back into the intake.
-Baffled oil catch can
-Tacoma specific mounting bracket
-AN adapter fittings and hose ends
-Stainless steel hardware
-Radium PCV hose
1. The CCV catch can kit does NOT address blow-by from the PCV side of the crankcase.
2. The CCV catch can kit is compatible and recommended to be used with the PCV catch can kit. See 20-0838 PCV catch can kit.