The ’95-’04 Tacoma rear leaf springs are a direct fit for the ’98-’04 Tacoma. They will also fit the ’95-’97 Tacoma with modifications to the spring hangers (see note below). These springs have a special torque leaf to reduce axle wrap. Springs come with new poly bushings and sleeves.
NOTE! Mounting the springs on 95-97 Tacomas will require relocating new front spring hangers 2″ forward and the rear shackle hangers 1" rearward from their stock configurations.
All-Pro’s Standard Duty leaf springs (4500T-AP) are NOT designed for heavyweight carrying capability. They are designed for ride quality and flex. For those carrying heavier loads such as rigs fully loaded for long-term expeditions, we recommend All-Pro “Expedition” Heavy-duty rear springs.
All-Pro’s new Expedition leafs are specifically designed to combine off-road performance with heavy-duty weight carrying capacity. The popular expedition-style trend in off-road vehicles is resulting in trucks that are carrying heavier loads than normally seen off-road. Specialized long-distance excursion gear such as roof-top tents, recovery and repair gear, camping equipment, and extra water and fluids can add significantly to the cargo weight of expedition vehicles, exceeding the intended operating parameters of typical performance leaf springs.
All-Pro’s Expedition Leaf Springs (4500T-AP-EX) features a 20% higher spring rate than the standard leaf springs. They are otherwise identical in dimension and quality, providing the same eye-to-eye measurements and wheel travel.
APPROXIMATE LIFT - The Standard Springs will provide approximately 3" of lift. and The Expedition Springs will provide approximately 3" of lift with 400-500 lbs of cargo. Unloaded, they will provide approximately 4" of lift.
- A higher number of thinner leaves provides a smoother, progressive spring rate compared to fewer, thicker leaves
- A double “military” wrap provides extra strength for the main leaf
- “Torque Leaf”, an extra half-leaf at the top of the spring pack, increases anti-wrap properties without hindering travel or ride quality
- Diamond-cut leaf ends to eliminate stress points which may weaken leafs and lead to premature failure
- Teflon anti-friction pads between leafs provide smoother flex, lessen spring wear and reduce noise
- Leafs are shot-peened after forming to relieve stress
- Every completed spring pack is pre-cycled to its travel extremity for quality control and to reduce the likelihood of initial sag
After installation, the stock rear bumps will no longer be sufficient to prevent the spring from inverting. You must purchase and install a set of bump stops that are of sufficient height to prevent the spring from going negative arch. For best results, we recommend Wheeler’s SuperBumps (sold separately).
Failure to use bump stops of sufficient height may void the spring warranty.
- Use of lifting blocks or shackle flip kits will void all warranty on All-Pro Leaf Springs!
- Leaf springs are shipped without packaging. It is normal for springs to be scratched by freight carriers during the shipping and handling process and by customers during installation. We recommend that leaf springs be touched up with spray paint after they are installed to cover any bare metal exposed during shipping and installation.
Leaf springs are received from the manufacturer without packaging and are shipped to you without packaging. The paint finish may be scratched by the freight carriers during the shipping process. The leaf springs can be spray painted to cover any bare metal exposed during the shipping/handling process. It's best to wait until after they are installed before you touch them up as they may also be scratched during the installation process.
Standard Duty Leaf Spring Specifications:
- Number of Leaves: 7 + 1 Overload/Rebound
- Eyelet-to-Eyelet Length (Free): 51-5/8″ (1311 mm)
- Spring Rate: 154 lbs/in
Expedition Leaf Spring Specifications:
- Number of Leaves: 6 + 1 Overload/Rebound
- Eyelet-to-Eyelet Length (Free): 51-1/4″ (1302 mm)
- Spring Rate: 207 lbs/in
⚠ WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov