Protect your Tacoma's cranking battery from being drained down by your aftermarket accessories.
Fits the 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma Matching Group 34 Batteries are required.
The Genesis Offroad dual battery kit for the Toyota Tacoma is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system on the market.
- Completely pre-wired out of the box
- Batteries sold separately
- Boost switch included - jump start your vehicle off your second battery
- Power and Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions
- Interface port for the G Screen monitoring system
- Best quality wires, tin-plated copper connectors, and sealed heat shrink tubing
- Powder-coated for durability
- Proudly made in the USA
- Sold As A Kit
The top cover plate has several innovative features in a simple package. All of the wirings have already been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The welded gussets on top have holes with grommets to route the wires directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guesswork involved to make the connections. High-quality battery terminal connectors are crimped to the flexible 2 gauge wire connecting the batteries together. With all the wiring integrated into the top plate, servicing your batteries has never been easier. Simply pull the terminals off the battery posts, remove the 4 bolts securing the lid, and all the wiring can be lifted up and out of the way to service your batteries when necessary.
The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
Here's how it works:
- When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time
- When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down
- When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last
- After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? There is a solution for that.
- Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump-start your engine off your accessory battery
- As long as the accessory battery has enough power, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
- The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator
Also includes high amp power and ground bus bars. The bus bars are already prewired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly. Your winch or other high-amp accessories go onto the large center post on the bus bars, and all your other accessories go directly to the smaller screw terminals on the bus bars.
- Any Group 34 battery will fit our tray
- NOTE: Batteries ordered through Genesis Offroad will ship separately from the tray due to shipping regulations.
- Odyssey 34-PC1500T is for those who need the most capacity possible! 850 CCA, 68 aH, and 135 minute reserve time
- Full River FT825-34 boasts 825CCA, 65aH capacity, and 135 minute reserve time
- The original factory battery will not fit due to its larger size
- Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place
The dual battery kit comes with a smart isolator and solenoid rated to handle a continuous 200 amps of current flowing through it. It will handle current spikes of up to 750 amps for up to 30 seconds.
Optional G Screen Monitoring System
Need to keep a closer eye on your batteries? Check out our dual battery monitoring system - the G Screen.
- Voltage levels for each battery
- Remote status indicator
- Background color changes based on battery status
- Remote boost button
- Completely prewired for you!
- Multiple mounting options (A pillar, dash, or with a sPod switch bezel over the rearview mirror)
- Order with your battery kit to combine shipping
Already know you want one? Simply add it from the options above, or see more details on the G Screen product page first.
Optional ring terminals
- Are you planning on connecting some accessories to the power & ground bus bars? We offer this convenient 10-pack of high-quality, adhesive-lined heat shrink ring terminals. These are much better quality than the cheap ring terminals at the auto parts stores. Used with 16-14ga wire - the most common size for low amperage accessories like LED lights, CB, etc. Add a pack to your order from the options above.