Please Note: 6 week estimated lead time.
There are multiple issues when lifting your vehicle with stock upper control arms. Both the geometry and strength are compromised due to over articulating the stock arms. We solved these problems by designing our upper control arms with increased castor and repositioned pivot angles reducing stress on the joints. The increased castor allows for proper alignment and improved handling.
We also replaced the weak factory ball joints with 1” stainless steel uniballs for maximum strength and increased articulation. For the inner pivots, we use durable urethane bushings with grease fittings for easy servicing. To mount the arms to the spindle we include high grade 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers and military grade F911 hardware. All of the components on our upper control arms are rebuild-able or replaceable to make this product last a lifetime. The arms come preassembled and include detailed instructions for easy installation.Compatibility
- 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma 2WD / 4WD
- 2005-2015 Toyota Hilux Vigo 2WD / 4WD
- Not compatible with 5 Lug Tacomas
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Urethane bushings
- Grease fittings
- 1” FK uniballs
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- Military grade F911 hardware
- Zinc plated bushing washers
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Durable black powder coat
- Dirt King sticker pack
- Installation instructions
- CAD designed
- Boxed plate construction
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- Brushed stainless steel logo plates
- Preassembled for fast installation
- Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
- Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
- Professionally MIG welded
- Proudly made in the USA
- Wheel Travel: Additional 1” of travel compared to stock
- Amount of Lift: Allows for 0-3” of lift
- Track Width: Stock
- Maximum Tire Size: 33”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 16”
- Coil over Shock Size: Factory or OEM replacement coilovers
Click the "Special Note" tab for complete details.
Wheel Travel / Lift
The upper control arms must be paired with OEM replacement coil overs to lift the vehicle. They offer an additional 1” of down travel compared to the stock upper control arms. These arms are compatible with King, Fox, Bilstein, ADS and Icon coil overs. Do not install these upper control arms with coil spacers that over articulate the suspension.
*Some King OEM replacement coil overs have short reservoir hoses that come in contact with aftermarket upper control arms. This can be solved by installing longer reservoir hoses or adjusting the reservoir to allow for more slack in the hose.
The upper control arms will allow for 33” tires but the front section of the cab mount may need to be cut to avoid tire rubbing while turning. In addition the front bumper may require trimming for proper tire clearance.
I bought these for the capability of giving my truck a lift and not having to deal with my alignment constantly out. I have these installed on a leveling kit. But plan to get at least a 3" lift soon. The truck does seem like it has been altered and turning corners actually makes the wheel very stiff for now. Again, this is just on a leveling kit but have gotten tons of compliments already. And I love that you can change the dirt king silver emblems to different colors from Dirtking.com. Would buy again, and recommend if you are lifting your truck.