Camburg designed these around the factory OEM spindle geometry and took them to the next level in strength and craftsmanship. With over 15+ years of running history of the stock design and us building custom versions for the military, Camburg took what they've learned and known and applied them to their new Camburg performance spindles. Camburg improved upon the design Toyota started with a much stronger detailed version. Like their 4.0 lift spindles, Camburg relocate the ABS speed sensor that is prone to be damaged off-road internally.
These work on 4wd and 2wd Prerunner models with no modifications regardless of you’re running stock lower arms or a long travel kit. These do not lift the truck or widen it since it’s built around the factory specs. For you 2wd owners, Camburg 4.0 spindles offer lift and an increase in track width. Camburg does remove the provision for the front sway bar so it will need to be removed. Strength, performance, and articulation are Camburg's main focus on a product like this while having 2.5 coilovers that have added low-speed compression to control body roll. Camburg wasn’t willing to compromise the integrity of the spindle for the serious off-roaders. If you have FOX 2.5 DSC coil overs you can adjust the low-speed compression to control body roll during cornering.
Using the latest Faro scanning technology and Solidworks CAD/CAM modeling, Camburg builds this in-house for the utmost control. Camburg starts with steel billets that get heavily CNC machined for weight reduction and precision, MIG weld the laser cut plates, then have them sandblasted and powder coated textured black. Once in your hands, they are ready to be installed and Camburg includes stronger stainless braided kevlar reinforced front brake lines.
When increasing tire size from stock, it is recommended a zero offset wheel (4.50-4.75″ backspacing) is used for added clearance. Stock wheels and tires fit correctly “as is”.
- Fabricated spindles (pair)
- Stainless/Kevlar stock length front brake line kit
- It Fits 6 lug model trucks only
- When increasing tire size from stock, we recommend a zero offset wheel (4.50-4.75″ backspacing) for added clearance. Stock wheels and tires fit correctly “as is”.
- On older or higher mileage 4wd vehicles we recommend replacing the inner hub seal as it can be worn & brittle.
- These are designed to replace the OEM stock parts, these will not work on drop-down bracket lift kits that replace the spindle/knuckle with a much taller version.
- With so many variables of wheel size, offset/backspacing, tire size, brands, and styles, the amount of lift and specific suspension components, etc., you may need to trim the plastic inner fenders and/or modify the body mount behind the front tires to eliminate tire rubbing.