- CAD designed
- Slanted front plate to deflect objects
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Preassembled for fast installation
- Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
- Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Professionally MIG welded
- Proudly made in the USA
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 1/8" aluminum skid plate
- Delrin bushings
- Grease fittings
- Moog ball joints
- Brushed stainless steel logo plates
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Zinc plated bump stop spacers
- Durable black powder coatÊfinish
- Dirt King sticker pack
- Installation instructions
- Track Width: Stock
- Maximum Tire Size: 35”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 16”
- Compatible with factory sway bar: Yes
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0 x 2.0
- Coil Over Shock Size: OEM replacement coil overs
The lower control arms will allow for 35" tires but the front section of the cab mount may need to be cut to avoid tire rubbing while turning. In addition the front bumper may require trimming for proper tire clearance.
The outer pivots on the lower control arms utilize heavy duty Moog ball joints which are low maintenance and easily serviceable. Controlled side by side testing was done between Moog ball joints and the industry standard 1" uniball for the outer pivot. The result was better on road tracking with the Moog ball joints. Other benefits include a sealed housing to eliminate noise, longer life span, and readily available at auto part stores.
Delrin bushings were chosen for the inner pivots after weighing all the pro and cons between vulcanized rubber bushings, poly bushings, and uniballs. Here are some of their major flaws; vulcanized bushings restrict the amount of articulation, poly bushings are too soft for the amount of force on the lower control arms causing premature wear and noise, uniballs quickly become contaminated with dirt making them noisy and they're also expensive to replace.
Additional features on the Dirt King lower control arms include recessed shock mounting with a drain hole and accepts all types of shocks and struts. It also accommodates for bump stops and limit straps. Progressive steering stops limit the steering throughout the suspension cycle to allow for maximum steering without over articulating the CV's or tie rods. This product is a direct bolt on application with all necessary hardware included. The arms are coated with a durable black powder coat and all the wearable components are replaceable for a product that will last a lifetime.