Sold as a pair with two leashes to help you pull them out of the muck.
Mounting pins sold separately.
Desert Tan MAXTRAX are the choice of Special Forces units in desert combat. Between the military-inspired color and the hard to identify shape, they blend perfectly into your surroundings: including sand, where you’ll want to use your included Tell Tale leashes to quickly recover your MAXTRAX.
The SAFE, SIMPLE, QUICK and EASY vehicle recovery device. The carton includes 2 MAXTRAX and 2 orange telltale leashes (so you can find your MAXTRAX when they’re buried).
- Sold as a pair with two tell-tale leashes
- Made in Australia, from Australian materials
- Constructed from Australian-sourced fiber-reinforced, engineering-grade nylon
- Lifetime warranty against faults in materials and workmanship
- With 6 built-in handles and a shovel on each end, MAXTRAX are perfect for use in sand, snow, or mud
- MAXTRAX are 45 inches long and 13 inches wide, they weigh 8 pounds each (total shipped weight, 17lbs).
- Height for two stacked: 3.3″, four stacked: 4.6″
- Tested at the University of Queensland to completely wrap around a 33-inch tire without failure, while returning to shape
How to use your MAXTRAX
After become stuck, use the MAXTRAX as a shovel to clear debris from in front of your tires. Wedge the MAXTRAX in front of your tires at a 45 degree angle. If in a two wheel drive vehicle, place the MAXTRAX in front of which ever set of wheels receive power. In a 4WD vehicle, ensure 4WD is engaged and place in front of the front tires, depending on where the vehicle is most bogged. Placing them at the front of the vehicle will give you an extra boost of momentum once your rear tires hit the MAXTRAX. Once properly placed, slowly begin to accelerate, do not spin your wheels. If the MAXTRAX are not engaging, they may need to be repositioned, or more debris may need to be cleared. Once you have traction, maintain momentum until you reach firm ground. Retrieve your MAXTRAX and carry on!