The Dirt King long travel kit was developed to drastically improve the vehicles off-road handling without compromising its day to day driving characteristics. This suspension system allows for 13.5” of travel and accepts up to a 35” tire. The kit is compatible with 2WD models and 4WD models along with the purchase of extended axle shafts. Our upper and lower arms are designed with 1” stainless steel uniballs for the outer pivots instead of ball joints for strength and increased articulation. Compared to the competition we’ve gained several inches of ground clearance by mounting the lower arms in the factory location instead of below it. This kit is CAD designed, thoroughly tested, and 100% made in America resulting in a product we’re proud to put our name on!
- Wheel Travel: 13.5”
- Amount of Lift: 0-4”
- Track Width: 3.5” wider per side
- Maximum Tire Size: 35”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 16”
- Coil over Shock Size: 2.5” x 8”
- Bypass Shock Size: 2.5” x 8”
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0” x 2.0”
Click the "more" tab for complete details.
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 8" quad wrapped limit straps
- Weld on adjustable limit strap mounts
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- 17-4 stainless steel tie rod extensions
- DOT approved extended brake lines
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Zinc plated bushing washers
- Bump stop spacers
- Bolt on application, minimal modifications required
- Utilizes American made FK bearings
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- Polyurethane bushings for the UCA’s
- Delrin bushings for the LCA’s
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Grease fittings for easy servicing
- 3/16" and 1/8” boxed plate construction
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Bypass Tabbing
To achieve the full amount of travel on 4WD models you must install the 1” diff drop kit and machine the inner CV’s for more articulation. We offer several services for machining CV’s and complete axle assembly. Click here to view the services we offer and additional information on CV machining.
For the best performance and to achieve the full amount of travel you must purchase our spec built shocks or have them custom built based on our coil over spec sheet. You may also use Tacoma OEM replacement coil overs (King, Fox, Icon) with 600lb springs and 1.5” wide lower eyelet spacers with ½” mounting holes. These shocks will work but limit the amount of wheel travel. The OEM replacement coil overs include reservoir mounts that may not be compatible with our double shear kit option. Our long travel kit is also tabbed to accommodate bypass shocks. The bypass shocks will allow for superior suspension dampening and tunability. To mount the bypasses we offer a weld on bypass shock hoop kit (DK-811910) that can be purchased separately. The bypass shock hoop kit requires welding and modifications to the frame. For extreme off-roading the kit has the ability to accept bump stops along with the coil overs and bypasses. The use of bump stops will also require welding and modifications to the frame.
When shopping long travel kits many consumers tend to focus just on travel numbers. This is the reason many companies claim inaccurate numbers or don’t disclose the amount of work involved to achieve these numbers. Our goal is to build a suspension system with the highest amount of wheel travel without requiring major modifications to the vehicle or compromising its overall drivability.
When using 35” tires with this kit modifications to the wheel well will need to be made. The firewall pinch weld will need to be folded over and front cab mount needs to be shaved to avoid contact while turning. The upper wheel well will also need to be modified to avoid contact at full bump.
2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 2WD / 4WD
*Please contact us if you plan on installing this kit with lift spindles or a bracket lift.